Senior Living in Billings, Montana
- Billings scores significantly higher than the Montana average of 62.
- Billings scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Billings Clinic Hospital and St Vincent Healthcare).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parkview Healthcare Community, Highgate Senior Living, and Mission Ridge - The Vista Assisted Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Peter Yegen Jr. Golf Club, Exchange City Golf Course, and Hilands Golf Club.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Ponderosa Park, Riverfront Park, and Billings KOA.
- There are 99 churches in or near the city, including St Pius X Church, West Side Baptist Church, and St Thomas the Apostle Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Montana has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,927, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,700, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,619, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,860 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.78%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Billings receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Billings has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Billings has an average population density of 910.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Billings have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Billings has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.80%.