Senior Living in Billingsley, Alabama
Top zip codes in Billingsley, AL: 36006
- Billingsley scores lower than the Alabama average of 72.
- Billingsley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Chilton Medical Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Gardens of Clanton and Rolling Oaks Apartments)
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Clanton Country Club, Prattville Country Club, and Sehoya Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Kountry Air RV Park).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Bethsalem Baptist Church, First Assembly of God, and Clanton Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,923, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,639, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,307, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,800 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,449 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $5,980 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Billingsley receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Billingsley has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Billingsley has a very sparse population density of 18.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Billingsley have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Billingsley has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.88%.