Senior Living in Biloxi, Mississippi
- Biloxi scores significantly higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- Biloxi scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Usaf Medical Center Keesler, Biloxi Regional Medical Center, and Va Gulf Coast Healthcare System.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Residences at Bay Cove, The Residence at Bay Cove, and Greenbriar Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 139 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Bay Breeze Golf Course, President Broadwater Golf Club, and Edgewater Bay Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Majestic Oaks RV Resort, Southern Comfort Camping Resort, and Cajun RV Park.
- There are 89 churches in or near the city, including Abudant Life Evangelistic Ctr, Greater Grace Apostolic, and First Missionary Baptist Chr.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 74 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Mississippi has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,818, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,350, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,586, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Biloxi receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Biloxi has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Biloxi has an average population density of 1,323.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Biloxi have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Biloxi has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.71%.