Senior Living in Bim, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Bim, WV: 25021
- Bim scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Bim scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Boone Memorial Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Hillcrest Health Care Center).
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverview Country Club, Clear Fork Valley Country Club, and Triadelphia Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Upper Big Branch Miners Memorial Plaza).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Greenwood Church of God, Bailey Lessie Mrs, and Amazing Grace Fellowship.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,251, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,938, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,211, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,116 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bim receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bim has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bim has a very sparse population density of 46.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bim have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bim has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 38.18%.