Senior Living in Binghamton, New York
- Binghamton scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Binghamton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Binghamton Psychiatric Center, Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, and United Health Services Hosps.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Shepherd Fairview Home, United Methodist Homes, and Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Chenango Commons Golf Course, Dimmock Hill Golf Course, and Ely Park Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Recreation Park, CFJ Park, and Schnurbusch Park.
- There are 78 churches in or near the city, including Broad Ave N-Presbyterian Chr, Fairview United Methodist Chr, and Chenango Bridge United Meth.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 44 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,988, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,642, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,991, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.16%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Binghamton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Binghamton has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Binghamton has a dense population density of 2,290.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Binghamton have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Binghamton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.04%.