Senior Living in Biola, California
Top zip codes in Biola, CA: 93606
- Biola scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Biola scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Madera Community Hospital).
- There are 82 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Ridge, Arc De Fresno Home Care, and Care Provider USA.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (13% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverside Golf Course of Fresno, Fresno West Golf Course, and San Joaquin Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Skaggs Bridge County Park, Lions Park, and Highway City Community Center.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Biola Congregational Church, Lifeway Baptist Church, and Central Community Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 114 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,336, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,615, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,948, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,695 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,475 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Biola receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Biola has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Biola has a very dense population density of 8,113.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Biola have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Biola has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.66%.