Senior Living in Birch Run, Michigan
Top zip codes in Birch Run, MI: 48415
- Birch Run scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Birch Run scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Mary\'s Of Michigan Medical Center).
- There are 46 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elder Care, Diane\'s Adult Foster Care, and Cameron Adult Foster Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Rick Smith Family Golf -Executive, Green Acres Golf Course, and Fortress, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Pine Ridge Rv Campground, Frankenmuth Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, and Flushing Township Nature Park.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart Church, Bible Baptist Church, and Christ Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,972, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,762, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,700 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.65%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Birch Run receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Birch Run has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Birch Run has a sparse population density of 145.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Birch Run have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Birch Run has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.02%.