Senior Living in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Birdsboro, PA: 19508
- Birdsboro scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Birdsboro scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Reading Hospital Medical Center, and Reading Hospital And Med Ctr.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manor at Market Square, Berkshire Center, and Berkshire Commons.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 269 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 105 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Hills Golf Course, Red/White Course at Arrowhead Golf Course, and Blue Course at Arrowhead Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site, Nolde Forest State Park, and St. Peter\'s Village Hiking / Horse Trails.
- There are 184 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Exeter Bible Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 180 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 113 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,109, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,681, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,841, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Birdsboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Birdsboro has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Birdsboro has a sparse population density of 413.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Birdsboro have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Birdsboro has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.58%.