Senior Living in Bishop, Georgia
Top zip codes in Bishop, GA: 30621
- Bishop scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Bishop scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Mary\'s Hospital and Athens Regional Medical Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including High Shoals Health and Rehabilitation, Lakeview Manor PCH, and Presbyterian Village Oconnee.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 138 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Lane Creek Golf Club, Jennings Mill Country Club, and University of Georgia Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Pine Lake RV Campground, Heritage Park, and Herman C Michael Park.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Bishop Baptist Church, Briarwood Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,869, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,865, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,845, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,800 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.32%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bishop receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bishop has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bishop has a sparse population density of 104.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bishop have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bishop has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.18%.