Senior Living in Bismarck, North Dakota
- Bismarck scores significantly higher than the North Dakota average of 65.
- Bismarck scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Alexius Medical Center and Medcenter One).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sanford Health St. Vincent\'s Continuing Care Center, Valley View Heights Assisted Living, and Missouri Slope Lutheran Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawktree Golf Club, Tom O\'Leary Golf Club, and Apple Creek Country Club.
- There are 40 parks near the city center, including Hillcrest Acres Campground, Sleepy Hollow/Exchange Club Park, and 23rd Street Park.
- There are 97 churches in or near the city, including American Baptist Church-Ofc, Bismarck Baptist Church, and Cathedral of the Holy Spirit.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Dakota has an average state income tax of 1.04%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,825, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,747, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,214, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,010 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,791 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,562 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.88%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bismarck receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bismarck has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bismarck has an average population density of 528.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bismarck have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bismarck has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.07%.