Senior Living in Black Hawk, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Black Hawk, SD: 57718
- Black Hawk scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Black Hawk scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Phs Indian Hospital At Rapid City - Sioux San, Rapid City Regional Hospital, and Same Day Surgery Center Llc.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fountain Springs Community, Golden LivingCenter - Black Hills, and Clarkson Health Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Arrowhead Country Club, Fountain Spring Golf Course, and Hart Ranch Golf Club.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Botany Canyon Trailhead, Covered Wagon Resort, and Sacora Station Campground.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Word of Truth Family Church, Abiding Word Lutheran Church, and Our Lady of Black Hills.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,314, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,327, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,332, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,403 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $24,960 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.31%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Black Hawk receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Black Hawk has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Black Hawk has a sparse population density of 278.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Black Hawk have a short daily commute time.
- Black Hawk has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.38%.