Senior Living in Blackburn, Missouri
Top zip codes in Blackburn, MO: 65321
- Blackburn scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Blackburn scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Royal Oaks Residential Care, Sweet Springs Villa, and The Essex of Concordia.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Tri-City Country Club, Higginsville Country Club, and Indian Foothills Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Blind Pony Lake Conservation Area, Concordia Parks & Recreation, and Baltimore Bend Conservation Area.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Baptist Church, and United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,044, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,500, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,329, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.47%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blackburn receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Blackburn has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Blackburn has a very sparse population density of 12.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blackburn have a very long daily commute time.
- Blackburn has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.29%.