Senior Living in Blackfoot, Idaho
Top zip codes in Blackfoot, ID: 83221
- Blackfoot scores lower than the Idaho average of 64.
- Blackfoot scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Idaho Doctors Hospital, Bingham Memorial Hospital, and State Hospital South.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lighthouse Living, Bingham Memorial Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, and The Willows Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Blackfoot Municipal Golf Course, Hazard Creek Golf Course, and Sand Creek Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Ash Hollow State Historical Park, Jensen Grove Park, and United Potato Growers of Idaho.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Lighthouse Assembly of God, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,181, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,273, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,260, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,970 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blackfoot receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Blackfoot has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Blackfoot has a very sparse population density of 33.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blackfoot have a short daily commute time.
- Blackfoot has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.78%.