Senior Living in Blackstone, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Blackstone, MA: 01504
- Blackstone scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Blackstone scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Landmark Medical Center, Inc, Rehabilitation Hospital, and Milford Regional Medical Center.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oak Ledge Terrace, Ducharme Estates, and Blackstone Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 224 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Bungay Brook Golf Club, New England Country Club, The, and Maplegate Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including West Hill Dam, Lincoln Woods State Park, and Douglas State Forest.
- There are 137 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Rectory, St Augustine\'s Catholic Church, and Sacred Heart Cath Chr Rectory.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 118 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 113 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,939, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,586, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,988, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blackstone receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blackstone has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Blackstone has an average population density of 815.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blackstone have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Blackstone has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.15%.