Senior Living in Blackwater, Missouri
Top zip codes in Blackwater, MO: 65322
- Blackwater scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Blackwater scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Katy Manor, Ashley Manor Care Center, and Lakeview Health Care & Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Boonville Golf & Country Club, Indian Foothills Golf Course, and Windmill Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Harriman Hill Access, Sappington Cemetery State Historic Site, and Arrow Rock State Historic Site.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Arrow Rock Federated Church).
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,723, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,188, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,638, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.90%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blackwater receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blackwater has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Blackwater has a very sparse population density of 10.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blackwater have a long daily commute time.
- Blackwater has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.45%.