Senior Living in Blackwell, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Blackwell, OK: 74631
- Blackwell scores lower than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Blackwell scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Integris Blackwell Regional Hospital, Ponca City Medical Center, and St Joseph Reg Med Ctr-ok.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillcrest Manor Nursing Center, Willow Haven Nursing Home, and Ponca City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Blackwell Municipal Golf Course, Lew Wentz Golf Course, and Ponca City Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including B Street Ballpark, OK welcome center dog park, and Blinn Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, First Church of Nazarene, and First Church of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,764, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,676, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,957, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.90%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blackwell receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blackwell has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Blackwell has a very sparse population density of 81.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blackwell have a very short daily commute time.
- Blackwell has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.15%.