Senior Living in Blackwood, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Blackwood, NJ: 08012
- Blackwood scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Blackwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Camden Cnty Hlth Servs Center, Kennedy University Hospital, Inc (stratford Divis, and Underwood Memorial Hospital.
- There are 112 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elmwood Hills Healthcare Center, Gloucester Township Housing Authority, and Washington Township Senior Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 853 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 135 golf courses in or around the city, including Valleybrook Golf Club, Washington Township Municipal Golf Course, and Pine Hill Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Trump National Golf Club, Timber Creek Park, and Saddler\'s Woods.
- There are 262 churches in or near the city, including St Jude\'s Catholic Church, St Agnes Church, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 387 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 275 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,264, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,261, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,854, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.11%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blackwood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blackwood has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Blackwood has a dense population density of 2,609.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blackwood have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Blackwood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.54%.