Senior Living in Bladensburg, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bladensburg, OH: 43005
- Bladensburg scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bladensburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Utica Care and Rehabilitation Center, Star Home Health Services, and Brookdale Mount Vernon.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Tomahawk Hollow Golf Course, Apple Valley Golf Club, and Hidden Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Kokosing Valley Camp & Canoe).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Grove Church of Christ, Eden Church of Christ, and Dryburgh Dallas M.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $28,393, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $21,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $9,611, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bladensburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bladensburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bladensburg has a sparse population density of 208.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bladensburg have a very short daily commute time.
- Bladensburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 66.13%.