Senior Living in Blaine, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Blaine, MN: 55014
- Blaine scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Blaine scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Unity Hospital, Mercy Hospital, and Healtheast St John\'s Hospital.
- There are 181 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cottage Homesteads of Willow Ponds, Pine Manor Estates, and Blaine White Pine Senior Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 447 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 133 golf courses in or around the city, including KateHaven Golf Course, Chomonix Golf Course, and Bridges of Mounds View, The.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Lochness Park, Carl Eck Park, and Rice Creek Off-leash Dog Area.
- There are 201 churches in or near the city, including Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Galilee Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 29 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 141 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 111 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,959, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,009, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,612, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blaine receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blaine has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Blaine has an average population density of 1,458.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blaine have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Blaine has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.85%.