Senior Living in Blair, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Blair, NE: 68008
- Blair scores lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Blair scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Shepherd Lutheran Home, Crowell Memorial Home, and Carter Place .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including River Wilds, The Players Club, and Pines Country Club, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge, Camp Fontanelle, and Wilson Island Recreation Area.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including First Christian Church, Country Bible Church, and First Lutheran Church Elca.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,281, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,785, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,243, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.75%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blair receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blair has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Blair has a very sparse population density of 92.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blair have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Blair has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.60%.