Senior Living in Blairstown, Iowa
Top zip codes in Blairstown, IA: 52209
- Blairstown scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Blairstown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Marengo Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rose Haven Nursing Home, Keystone Nursing Care Center, and Belle Plaine Specialty Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Belle Plaine Country Club, Marengo Golf Club, and Tara Hills Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Hannen Park).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (United Church of Christ and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,783, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,667, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,717, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,253 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,335 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,983 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.56%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blairstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Blairstown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Blairstown has a very sparse population density of 29.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blairstown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Blairstown has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.40%.