Senior Living in Blairsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Blairsville, PA: 15717
- Blairsville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Blairsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Torrance State Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Close To Home, Beacon Ridge Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility, and St. Andrew\'s Village.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Chestnut Ridge Course at Chestnut Ridge Golf Club, Mannitto Golf Club, and Champion Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Pine Ridge Park, Saylor Park, and Keystone State Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Kitner Charles S, Homer City United Presbyterian, and Logan John A.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,534, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,428, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,558, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.77%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blairsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blairsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Blairsville has a sparse population density of 114.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blairsville have an average daily commute time.
- Blairsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.66%.