Senior Living in Blakesburg, Iowa
Top zip codes in Blakesburg, IA: 52536
- Blakesburg scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Blakesburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Monroe County Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Ottumwa, Ridgewood Specialty Care, and Monroe Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Albia Golf & Country Club, Ottumwa Country Club, and Cedar Creek Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Wildwood Park, Lake Wapello State Park, and Greater Ottumwa Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, Albia Baptist Temple, and Albia Seventh-day Adventist.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,316, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,589, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,724, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blakesburg receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blakesburg has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Blakesburg has a very sparse population density of 15.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blakesburg have a short daily commute time.
- Blakesburg has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.74%.