Senior Living in Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Blakeslee, PA: 18610
- Blakeslee scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Blakeslee scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookmont Healthcare Center, Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor, and Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Resort at Split Rock, The, Timber Trails Golf Club, and Mount Airy Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Big Pocono State Park, Gouldsboro State Park, and Scotrun RV Resort.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, St Peter the Fisherman Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,709, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,851, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,470, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blakeslee receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blakeslee has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Blakeslee has a sparse population density of 166.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blakeslee have a very long daily commute time.
- Blakeslee has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.07%.