Senior Living in Blanchard, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Blanchard, PA: 16826
- Blanchard scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Blanchard scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Healthsouth Nittany Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lock Haven Hospital, Susque-View Home Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Clinton Country Club, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Nittany Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Bald Eagle State Park, Krislund Camp & Conference Center, and Belles Springs Golf Course.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including Blanchard Church of Christ, Hicks Stephen R, and Walnut Street Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,603, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,188, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,276, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.95%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blanchard receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Blanchard has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Blanchard has a sparse population density of 187.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blanchard have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Blanchard has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.19%.