Senior Living in Blandon, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Blandon, PA: 19510
- Blandon scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Blandon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Medical Center, St Joseph Medical Center, and Reading Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hearthstone at Maidencreek, Evans Retirement Center, and Grand View Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 204 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Perry Golf Course, Moselem Springs Golf Club, and Rich Maiden Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Crystal Cave, Berks County Park, and Blue Rocks Family Campground.
- There are 158 churches in or near the city, including Maidencreek Church, Epiphany Lutheran Church, and Spring Valley Church of God.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 166 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 92 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,370, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,399, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,266, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blandon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blandon has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Blandon has an average population density of 1,366.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blandon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Blandon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.38%.