Senior Living in Blencoe, Iowa
Top zip codes in Blencoe, IA: 51523
- Blencoe scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Blencoe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Burgess Health Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Premier Estates Elmwood Assisted Living, Elmwood Care Centre, and Golden Livingcenter - Tekamah.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Northridge Country Club, Onawa Country Club, and Oakland Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Murray Hill Scenic Overlook, Woodland Camp Park Manager, and Loess Hills State Forest.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Baptist Monona, Word of Life Chapel, and Church of Jesus Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,161, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,214, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,134, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.28%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blencoe receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blencoe has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Blencoe has a very sparse population density of 6.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blencoe have an average daily commute time.
- Blencoe has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.55%.