Senior Living in Blissfield, Michigan
Top zip codes in Blissfield, MI: 49228
- Blissfield scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Blissfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Flower Hospital and Emma L Bixby Medical Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blissfield Place, Sunset Village, and Whispering Pines Adult Foster Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Legacy Golf Club, The, Cherrywood Golf Club, and East Course at Whiteford Valley Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Pirolli Park, Covered Wagon Camp Resort, and Barrett\'s Flowers and Gardens.
- There are 48 churches in or near the city, including First United Brethren Church, Emmanuel United Methodist, and St Peter the Apostle Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.42% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,181, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,000, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,474, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blissfield receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blissfield has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Blissfield has a very sparse population density of 69.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blissfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Blissfield has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.88%.