Senior Living in Blomkest, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Blomkest, MN: 56216
- Blomkest scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Blomkest scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Rice Memorial Hospital and Willmar Reg Treatment Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Willmar, Brookdale Willmar, and Rice Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawk Creek Country Club, Eagle Creek Golf Club, and Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kandiyohi County Park #1, Kandiyohi County Park #2, and Rice Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Willmar Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Redeemer Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,772, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,019, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,618, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.75%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blomkest receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blomkest has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Blomkest has a very sparse population density of 17.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blomkest have a very short daily commute time.
- Blomkest has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.86%.