Senior Living in Bloomer, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Bloomer, WI: 54724
- Bloomer scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Bloomer scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Luther Midelfort- Chippewa Valley Mayo Hlth System and St Josephs Hsptl).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Terrace of Wi, Hetzel Care Center, and Mayo Clinic Health System - Chippewa Valley in Bloomer.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Bloomer Golf Course, Lake Wissota Golf, and Hallie Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Town Line Lake & Woods State Natural Area, Chippewa Moraine State Recreation Area, and O\'Neil Creek Campground Inc.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Catholic Basement, St John the Baptists Church, and St Pauls Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,979, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,276, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,697, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,565 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,773 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.23%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomer receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomer has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bloomer has a very sparse population density of 45.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomer have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bloomer has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.62%.