Senior Living in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Bloomfield, CT: 06002
- Bloomfield scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Bloomfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hebrew Home And Hospital Inc, St Francis Hospital & Medical Center, and Connecticut Childrens Medical Center.
- There are 111 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alexandria Manor, Seabury Retirement Community, and Caleb Hitchcock Health Care Ce.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 430 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 111 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Nines 2 & 3 Course at Tumble Brook Country Club, Wintonbury Hills Golf Course, and Gillette Ridge.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Penwood State Park, Talcott Mountain State Park, and Westmoor Park.
- There are 419 churches in or near the city, including First Cathederal, Sacred Heart Parish-Bloomfield, and Old St Andrew\'s Episcopal Chr.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 315 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 138 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,726, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,065, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,504, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.63%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomfield has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bloomfield has an average population density of 786.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomfield have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bloomfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.04%.