Senior Living in Bloomfield, Iowa
Top zip codes in Bloomfield, IA: 52537
- Bloomfield scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Bloomfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Davis County Hospital and Davis County Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bloomfield Care Center, Mulberry Place Independent and Assisted Living, and Davis Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Bloomfield Country Club, Lancaster Country Club, and River View Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lakeside Estates RV & Mobile, McGowen Recreation and Wildlife Area, and Lake Fisher Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Christian Church, Baptist Church Mark, and Friend Richard L.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,326, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,355, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,662, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomfield receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomfield has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bloomfield has a very sparse population density of 20.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomfield have a short daily commute time.
- Bloomfield has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.66%.