Senior Living in Bloomfield, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Bloomfield, NJ: 07003
- Bloomfield scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Bloomfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 56 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mountainside Hospital, Clara Maass Medical Center, and Columbus Hospital.
- There are 272 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Parkview, HackensackUMC Mountainside\'s Transitional Care Unit, and The Woodlands.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3262 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 195 golf courses in or around the city, including Glen Ridge Country Club, Hendricks Field Golf Course, and Forest Hill Field Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Eagle Rock Reservation, Grover Cleveland Park, and Laurel Hill Park.
- There are 1089 churches in or near the city, including Union Baptist Church, Brookdale Baptist Church, and New Light Baptist Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1978 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 203 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 940 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,186, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,800, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,219, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomfield has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bloomfield has a very dense population density of 8,947.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bloomfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.17%.