Senior Living in Bloomingburg, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bloomingburg, OH: 43106
- Bloomingburg scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bloomingburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Fayette County Mem Hospital and Fayette County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Catherine\'s Manor of Washington Court House, Signature Healthcare of Fayette County, and Carriage Court of Washington Court House.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Deer Creek State Park Golf Course, Hickory Grove Golf Course, and Crown Hill Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Deer Creek State Park).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Millwood Church of Christ, and First Church of the Nazarene.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,461, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,490, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,302, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.23%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomingburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomingburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bloomingburg has a very sparse population density of 42.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomingburg have a long daily commute time.
- Bloomingburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.58%.