Senior Living in Bloomingdale, Georgia
Top zip codes in Bloomingdale, GA: 31302
- Bloomingdale scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Bloomingdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Joseph\'s Hospital - Savannah and Candler Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Place at Pooler, Wisteria Gardens of Pooler, and Serenity House Personal Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Mary Calder Golf Club, Woodyard At Westbrook Country Club, and Par 3 Course at Crosswinds Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Pooler Recreation Park, L Scott Stell Park, and Savannah Oaks RV Resort.
- There are 93 churches in or near the city, including Faulkville Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Westside Christian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,293, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,913, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,462, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,810 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,910 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomingdale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomingdale has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bloomingdale has a sparse population density of 183.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomingdale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bloomingdale has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.43%.