Senior Living in Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Bloomingdale, NJ: 07403
- Bloomingdale scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Bloomingdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Chilton Hospital, Wayne General Hospital, and Christian Health Care Center.
- There are 98 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Health Center at Bloomingdale, The Wanaque Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Lakeland Health Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 508 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 161 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Valley Golf Course, High Mountain Golf Club, and North Jersey Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Norvin Green State Forest, Camp Dawson, and High Mountain Park Preserve.
- There are 226 churches in or near the city, including Bloomingdale United Methodist, St Francis of Assisi, and Christ Episcopal Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 313 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 192 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,182, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,729, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,258, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.79%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomingdale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomingdale has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bloomingdale has an average population density of 1,196.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomingdale have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bloomingdale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.46%.