Senior Living in Bloomingdale, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bloomingdale, OH: 43910
- Bloomingdale scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bloomingdale scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Life Line Hospital and Trinity Medical Ctr East&trinity Medical Ctr West).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gables Care Center, Sienna Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Gables Training Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Red Oaks Golf Club, Castle Shannon Golf Course, and Steubenville Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Fernwood State Forest, Jefferson State Park Division, and Harrison State Forest.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including Christian Church of Unionport, Richmond United Methodist Chr, and Blessed Sacrament Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.86% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,664, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,276, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,767, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomingdale receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomingdale has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bloomingdale has a very sparse population density of 65.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomingdale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bloomingdale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.80%.