Senior Living in Bloomington, California
Top zip codes in Bloomington, CA: 92316
- Bloomington scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Bloomington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Riverside Community Hospital, Kaiser Foundation Hospital Fontana, and Community Hospital Of San Bernardino.
- There are 245 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Caregivers II, Vista Cove Care Center at Rialto, and Rialto Retirement Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 541 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverside Golf Club, Fairmont Park Golf Course & Country Club, and Indian Hills Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Colton Golf Club, Fairmount Park, and Jensen Ranch Historical Park.
- There are 196 churches in or near the city, including Bloomington Church-Nazarene, St Charles Catholic Church, and Truth Tabernacle Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 434 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 141 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,055, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,509, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,027, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.89%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomington receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomington has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bloomington has a dense population density of 2,805.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bloomington has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 60.52%.