Senior Living in Bloomington, Illinois
- Bloomington scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bloomington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Medical Center, Bromenn Healthcare, and Bromenn Healthcare System.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Joseph\'s Medical Center, Westminster Village, and Bickford of Bloomington.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Den at Fox Creek, The, Prairie Vista Golf Course, and Crestwicke Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Evergreen Memorial Cemetery, Westside Community Gardens, and Clearwater Park.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, First Baptist Church, and Cross Pointe Church of God.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,170, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,226, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,933, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,220 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bloomington has a dense population density of 2,573.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomington have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bloomington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.83%.