Senior Living in Bloomington, New York
Top zip codes in Bloomington, NY: 12411
- Bloomington scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Bloomington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kingston Hospital, Benedictine Hospital, and Northern Dutchess Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Penrose Manor, Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Mountain Valley Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Wiltwyck Golf Club, Green Acres Golf Course, and Twaalfskill Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Shaupeneak Ridge Park, Forsyth Nature Center, and Wilderstein Historic Site.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue, and Ahlstrom Albert.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 61 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 63 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,331, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,275, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,183, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.66%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bloomington has an average population density of 530.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomington have a short daily commute time.
- Bloomington has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.27%.