Senior Living in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bloomsburg, PA: 17815
- Bloomsburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bloomsburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bloomsburg Hospital, Berwick Hospital Center, and Geisinger Medical Center.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Geisinger-Bloomsburg Health Care Center, Brookdale Bloomsburg, and Balanced Care Bloomsburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Windsor Heights Public Golf Course, Wolf Hollow Golf Center, and Wolf Hollow Golf Center.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Bloomsburg Town Park, Indian Head Campground, and Deihl\'s Camping Resort.
- There are 66 churches in or near the city, including First English Baptist Church, St Columba Catholic Church, and St Columba.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,942, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,206, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,814, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomsburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomsburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bloomsburg has a sparse population density of 227.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomsburg have a very short daily commute time.
- Bloomsburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.92%.