Senior Living in Bloomsdale, Missouri
Top zip codes in Bloomsdale, MO: 63627
- Bloomsdale scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Bloomsdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ste Genevieve County Memorial Hospital and Ste Genevieve Cnty Mem Hosp).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Benchmark Healthcare of Festus, Terrace Gardens, and Riverview at The Park .
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Crystal Highlands Golf Club, St. Genevieve Golf Course, and Lead Belt Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Magnolia Hollow Conservation Area and Felix Valle House State Historic Site).
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Faith Baptist Church, Faith Baptist Church, and Second Baptist Church-Festus.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,178, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,167, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,238, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.92%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bloomsdale receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bloomsdale has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bloomsdale has a very sparse population density of 40.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bloomsdale have a very long daily commute time.
- Bloomsdale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.87%.