Senior Living in Blountville, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Blountville, TN: 37617
- Blountville scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Blountville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wellmont Bristol Regional Medical Center).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greystone Healthcare Center, Oaks of Kingsport, and Holston Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake/Woods Course at Tri Cities Golf Course, Crockett\'s Ridge, and Warrior\'s Path State Park Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Rocky Top Campground & RV Park, Bristol / Kingsport KOA, and Warriors\' Path State Park.
- There are 110 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Gunnings Baptist Church, and Charity Baptist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 67 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,532, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,482, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,918, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.58%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blountville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blountville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Blountville has a sparse population density of 242.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blountville have an average daily commute time.
- Blountville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.08%.