Senior Living in Blue Diamond, Nevada
Top zip codes in Blue Diamond, NV: 89004
- Blue Diamond scores significantly higher than the Nevada average of 69.
- Blue Diamond scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southern Hills Hospital And Medical Center, Saint Rose Dominican Hospital - San Martin Campus, and Summerlin Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vintage Park at San Martin, Pacifica Senior Living San Martin, and Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 197 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Canyon/Lakes Course at Spanish Trail Country Club, Rhodes Ranch Country Club, and Canyon Gate Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Spring Mountain Ranch State, Red Rock Campground, and Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Armenian Apostolic Church, Ahavaht Torah Synagogue, and Faith Community Luthern Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.61% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nevada has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $199,153, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $98,917, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $72,050, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,995 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blue Diamond receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Blue Diamond has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Blue Diamond has a very sparse population density of 7.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blue Diamond have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Blue Diamond has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.85%.