Senior Living in Blue Grass, Iowa
Top zip codes in Blue Grass, IA: 52726
- Blue Grass scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Blue Grass scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Trinity Medical Center, Trinity Rock Island, and Genesis Medical Center-davenport.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridgecrest Village, Courtyard Estates of Walcott, and Good Samaritan Society - Davenport.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Emeis Municipal Golf Course, Credit Island Golf Course, and Saukie - Richard A. Welch Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Scott County Conservation Department, West Lake Park, and Wildcat Den State Park.
- There are 93 churches in or near the city, including Andalusia Community Baptist, Calvary Lutheran Church, and Berean Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,229, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,650, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,635, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,142 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,970 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.28%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blue Grass receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blue Grass has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Blue Grass has a sparse population density of 123.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blue Grass have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Blue Grass has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.72%.