Senior Living in Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Blue Ridge Summit, PA: 17214
- Blue Ridge Summit scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Blue Ridge Summit scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Waynesboro Hospital, Mountain Manor Treatment Ctr, and Western Maryland Center.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillside Rest Home, Comfort Care, and The Leland of Laurel Run.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain View Golf Resort, Carroll Valley Golf Resort, and Waynesboro Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Mont Alto State Park, Catoctin Mountain Park, and Granite Hill Camping Resort.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including Fulghum Peter C, Welty Church of Brethren, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,814, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,141, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,041, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.54%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blue Ridge Summit receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blue Ridge Summit has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Blue Ridge Summit has a sparse population density of 273.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blue Ridge Summit have a very long daily commute time.
- Blue Ridge Summit has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.02%.