Senior Living in Bluefield, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Bluefield, WV: 24701
- Bluefield scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Bluefield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s Hospital, Bluefield Regional Medical Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mercer Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Maples, and Loving Hands Adult Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Bluefield Elks Country Club, Richwood Golf Club, and Fincastle Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lotito City Park, Glenwood Park, and Pinnacle Rock State Park.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Midway Church of Christ, Bluefield Church of God, and First Church of God.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,981, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $30,863, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,479, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bluefield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bluefield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bluefield has a sparse population density of 322.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bluefield have a short daily commute time.
- Bluefield has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.07%.