Senior Living in Bluffton, Indiana
Top zip codes in Bluffton, IN: 46714
- Bluffton scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Bluffton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bluffton Regional Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bluffton Regional Medical Center Care Center, Signature Healthcare of Bluffton, and Christian Care Retirement Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Hill Golf Course, Parlor City Country Club, and Bluewater Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Ouabache State Park).
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Apostolic Christian Church, and St Joseph Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,334, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,372, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,014, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bluffton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bluffton has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bluffton has a sparse population density of 113.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bluffton have a very short daily commute time.
- Bluffton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.94%.