Senior Living in Bluffton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bluffton, OH: 45817
- Bluffton scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bluffton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bluffton Hospital and St Rita\'s Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willow Ridge - Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio, Mennonite Memorial Home, and Mennonite Resource Development.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Bluffton Golf Club, Springbrook Golf Club, and Executive Course at Hawthorne Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Twin Lakes Park).
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including English Lutheran Church, First Mennonite Church, and St Marys Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,208, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,829, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.35%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bluffton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bluffton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bluffton has a sparse population density of 104.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bluffton have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bluffton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.82%.