Senior Living in Bluffton, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Bluffton, SC: 29910
- Bluffton scores lower than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Bluffton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hilton Head Regional Medical Center and Coastal Carolina Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bloom at Bluffton, Bloom at Belfair, and Benton House of Bluffton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Dye Course at Colleton River Plantation Club, Eagle\'s Pointe Golf Club, and Rose Hill Country Club -East/West.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Victoria Bluff Heritage Preserve/Wildlife Management Area, Stoney Crest Plantation Campground, and Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Kingdom Hall of Jehovah\'s, Christian Renewal Church, and Alzheimer Respite & Resource.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,916, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,639, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,117, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,400 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,338 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,280 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,574 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.30%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bluffton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bluffton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bluffton has a sparse population density of 329.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bluffton have a short daily commute time.
- Bluffton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.59%.